One of the awesome things about traveling with BE business is the variety of different customers we encounter on the way. From a budding tree to bar chocolate company to luxury amazon lodges, we have had some great experiences helping to accelerate a number of businesses, and our recent stay with Tropical Escapade and Rancho Tropical has been no different!
Tropical Escapade is an adventure tourism company that has been in operation for 6 years in the little town of Golfito in the south of Costa Rica. On the doorstep of stunning national parks, they offers tourists the chance to experience over 40 unique adventures such as extreme canyoning, tree climbing and waterfall rappelling, and also run a comprehensive immersion programme for students looking for an authentic gap year experience with a difference.
Rancho Tropical is the sister company of Tropical Escapade, a repurposed cattle ranch offering incredible horseback excursions and other activities on the Osa Peninsula.
Working with the Director of both companies, Cindy, we focussed on the end to end online customer experience, vastly updating Tropical Escapade and building a new website for Rancho Tropical.
So what did we actually do?
- Updating the site with clear, easy to navigate menus, new imagery, and customer focussed copy.
- Full upload of the site content in Spanish and French with translation tool WPML.
- Existing WordPress theme customisation.
- PHP development for custom post types.
- Custom pages and adventures display.
- Replacing a dated complex custom site was the priority for Rancho Tropical. We created a brand new website, implementing and customising a new theme with new content and imagery.
- Customised online booking functionality through Woocommerce.
- Translation setup and load of Spanish and French.
Customers of both companies are primarily American tourists, who flock to Costa Rica as the safest country in South America with the high standard of customer service they expect. People now spend a large amount of time researching before they travel. Ensuring that the websites could be found through setting up and implementing SEO strategies throughout the sites was key, as was offering much lower barriers to booking tours and finding all of the information in an easy to read format.